$7.2 million in aid payments released; applications still accepted | Guam News

The first round of payments under the third round of Prugråman Salåppe ‘Ayudon I Taotao have been released, the governor’s office announced on Monday.

According to a statement, the initial batch totals more than $7.2 million across 14,484 payments. The current iteration of the direct financial assistance program, funded by congressional pandemic relief programs, offers a one-time benefit of $500 to eligible individuals or households.

Governor Lou Leon Guerrero announced the third round during her State of the Island address last month, as a way to help families struggling with inflation and the rising cost of living. Those who received payment in a previous cycle were automatically enrolled in the current program.

“Since we expanded eligibility and extended the deadline, Prugråman Salåppe’ has served as a critical relief source helping more of our fellow citizens cope with the rising cost of gas and electricity,” Leon said. Guerrero. “Right now, we are working diligently to make over 14,000 payments totaling more than $7 million in direct cash assistance to support those in need. Our administration is committed to investing in everyone’s ability to We remind those struggling that we have increased income eligibility to help even more people qualify.

Eligibility information released by the Department of Administration details new income limits for receiving a $500 check or electronic deposit, depending on household size. For example, a family of four with a combined annual income of up to $95,760 can qualify for the program, while a single person can earn up to $46,890 per year.

Applications for the current round of Prugråman Salåppe’ will be accepted until July 27.

Lieutenant Governor Josh Tenorio encouraged residents who had not participated in previous rounds to apply online at doa.guam.gov and provided an update on legislative efforts to provide additional $500 relief through reduced electricity bills.

“We are also continuing to work with Senator Joe San Agustin on legislation that will provide our people with a separate $100 monthly credit to offset five-month electricity rate increases. This additional $500 benefit will build on the help offered by Prugråman Salåppe’ 3 and will further reduce the cost of living for all.

Previous beneficiaries automatically enrolled in Prugramån Salåppe ‘3 will receive their $500 benefit via the method identified in their previous application, Adelup said in its statement.

“New applicants must meet the eligibility criteria established for the program. New and existing applicants will be subject to eligibility verification at the discretion of the DOA,” the governor’s office said.

Paper applications are available and can be submitted at the Prugråman Salåppe office on the second floor of the ITC building in Tamuning, Suite 215 and at the new Guam Government Relief Center located on the third floor of the Bank of Hawaii building in Hagåtña .

Incomplete applications, such as those missing required documents or identification, may result in delayed payment. The DOA also assists residents who have unresolved issues from the previous round.

“The program continues to process and accept missing supporting documents for pending applications under Prugråman Salåppe’ 2,” Adelup said. “If you haven’t received $300 yet, email [email protected] Prugråman Salåppe staff process applications as quickly as possible and contact applicants to deal with incomplete applications.

For more information, visit doa.guam.gov or call 671-638-3833/34.

Comments are closed.