Applications for the participation of the United Kingdom in the Cannes impACT Lab – Cannes Film Festival from May 19 to 23, 2022
Prior to participation in Cannes, two online workshops will also take place the last week of April and the first week of May (exact dates to be confirmed).
the IBF is particularly keen to attract diverse applicants and support producers from underrepresented backgrounds.
This initiative aims to support UK the industry’s presence in international markets, with particular emphasis on supporting emerging producers with a strong interest in sustainability and green strategies. Producers will also have the opportunity to develop their international and European networks and advance their co-production project.
Selected producers will be aligned with the ethos of impACT labs, demonstrating an interest in green credentials in production, supporting diversity through their stories, and/or highlighting underrepresented communities and stories in their films.
The program is designed to foster international co-production opportunities and guide producers to create more meaningful, enduring and impactful films.
For more information, visit the Marché du Film page impACT Lab.
Please read the guidelines for more details on program content.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest and/or experience working internationally, and explain why participation in this particular international lab will advance their specific projects.
Candidates must either be able to demonstrate:
- a credited producer or co-producer for at least one feature film released in the past four years
- or a minimum of 35% financing confirmed on their first feature film project
- success internationally, or a strong interest in working internationally, and ideally have viable co-production projects
Producers will be selected on the basis of their previous experience and ethics in sustainability, as well as their specific interest and motivation to expand internationally and expand their international networks.
- two online pre-market workshops (2 hours) – last week of April 2022 / first week of May 2022
- workshops and networking session in Cannes, including individual follow-up sessions (duration 2 hours) – exact dates to be confirmed but between 19 and 23 May 2022
Please ensure that you are able to commit to the entire program.
Dates of delegation: May 19 to 23, 2022.
For more details and how to apply, please see the guidelines and application form.
The deadline for applications is Monday, March 28, 2022 at 5 p.m.
the IBF will provide accreditation, access to workshops, return train travel, a significant contribution for accommodation and transfers.