IIT Madras invites applications for a new 8-week free online course in artificial intelligence
IIT Madras has called for applications for a new online course titled Artificial Intelligence: Satisfying Constraints which can be completed in 8 weeks
IIT Madras has announced a new 8-week free online course titled Artificial Intelligence: Constraint Satisfaction, which is currently available on the SWAYAM NPTEL platform. The course will examine general approaches to solving finite domain constraint satisfaction problems and explore how research can be combined with constraint propagation to find solutions. The course is free to register and learn from; however, to get an e-certificate with the IIT Madras and NPTEL logos, participants will need to pay Rs 1000 and pass an exam.
The course will be led by Deepak Khemani, professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Madras. He completed his BTech in 1980 in Mechanical Engineering, and MTech in 1983 and PhD in 1989 in Computer Science from IIT Bombay, and has been with IIT Madras since then, says the NPTEL website. His research interests include memory-based reasoning, knowledge representation and reasoning, constraint planning and satisfaction, qualitative reasoning, and natural language processing.
What will the IIT Madras free online course cover?
One approach to problem solving using artificial intelligence is to pose the problems as constraint satisfaction problems and use general methods to solve them. In this context, the course will address the following topics:
- Constraint Satisfaction Problems (CSP), examples.
- Constraint networks, equivalent and projection networks.
- Constraints propagation, arc coherence, path coherence, i-coherence.
- Directional consistency and graphic order, search without backtracking, adaptive consistency.
- Research methods for solving CSPs, anticipation methods, order of dynamic variables and values.
- Retrospection methods, Gaschnig backward jump, graph based backward jump, conflict directed backward jump. Combine prospective with retrospective, learning.
- Model-based systems, model-based diagnostics, truth maintenance systems, planning as CSP. Wrap.
Who can take the IIT Madras free online course?
The course can be taken by undergraduate and postgraduate students pursuing studies in computer science or any other degree. The course is also open to professionals and other interested participants with prior knowledge of IT basics. It is preferable that participants have taken two other free online courses offered by IIT Madras, namely AI: Search Methods for Problem Solving and AI: Knowledge Representation and Reasoning.
Important details about the free online course IIT Madras
The course will run from January 24 to March 8, 2022 and has two credit points. Participants will only receive a certificate if they achieve an average score of 10 out of 25 and an average exam score of 30 out of 75. Those wishing to enroll in the free online course at IIT Madras are advised. on artificial intelligence to go through official site for more information.